To the end of December 2016, the following activities have been completed:
1. Establishment and promotion of bamboo cultivation
(1) Completed the construction of thebamboo seedling nursery (2000 square meters).
(2) 5,000 bamboo plants for 2016 bamboo planting plan were imported and acclimatized; local reproduction of 3000 bamboo plants for 2017 planting plan was completed.
(3) Technical personnel training: Held one internal training session on nursery management for nursery staffs (11 persons) and two seed instructor training sessions for 47 technicians of INTA and MEFCCA.
(4) Promotion of bamboo cultivation: Held one promotion meeting for 60 farmers and two farmer training courses for 60 persons. Promoted 62 farmers and five experimental centers to plant 50 hectares of bamboo.
(5) Completed manual on bamboo cultivation guidelines.
(6) Completed survey report on A bamboo species in Nicaragua.
2. Promotion of output value of bamboo handicrafts and bamboo industry
(1) Completed construction of Bamboo Promotion and Design Center in November 2016.
(2) Completed the installation of bamboo processing machinery and held two training courses on operation for 14 persons.
(3) Held six bamboo handicraft training courses for 185 beneficiary craftsmen in a total of 48 days.
(4) Organized one demonstration on the use of bamboo at National Earth Fair, which received around 1500 visitors.
(5) Held an inauguration ceremonyof Bamboo Promotion and Design Center and participated in National Bamboo Crafts Fair in August, which recorded a total of 15000 visitors.
(6) Completed survey of bamboo handicrafts market in Nicaragua.
(7) Provided counseling services for three selected bamboo handicraft workshops as pilot beneficiaries of year 2016.
(8) Completed and published a technical guidelines manual on bamboo handicrafts; launched the manual at apress conference in December 2016.