"To the end of March 2017, the following activities have been completed:
1. The cooperating unit, DICTA, formed a project team of 10 people.
1. Held regular monthly meetings to review work plan and control the project’s schedule, for a total of 14 meetings.
2. Completed seed potato production center office and basic repairs of existing roads, premises and laboratory.
3. Provided healthy seed potato professional training to eight Honduran technicians visiting Taiwan over two weeks.
4. Expert was dispatched to Honduras for short-term technical counseling mission for two weeks.
5. Completed 5 rounds of potato seed collection and production training for a total of 170 persons; took part in interviews with local media; signed technical cooperation training contracts with DICTA, local governments and farmers in five locations, selecting four training sites covering a total of 1 hectares; also prepared shoot-inducing reagents for potato seed germination tests and prepared ash and slaked lime (calcium) for potato seed cutting and wound healing experiments.
6. Completed 7 potato field trial demonstrations for a total of 240 persons, including variety yield trials, cultivation based on local conditions, and fertilizer tests.
7. Selected producers in Marcala, Santa Elena and Cabañas to utilize a triple-grade production system, which is expected to promote seed potato cultivation among a total number of 600 farmers. To date, visited and made a record of 150 households for a total of 600 beneficiaries; the cultivation area is expected to be 69.125 hectares.
1. Held regular monthly meetings to review work plan and control the project’s
Schedule for a total of 6 meetings.
2. Completed 5 rounds of potato pest control of psyllid and cultivation management workshops for a total of 215 persons.
3. Completed 8 field demonstrations, for a total of 298 persons, include the character’s observation of varieties, the trial of fertilizers and the experiment of low altitude cultivation in the winter season.
4. Completed 8 demonstrations of the potato field cultivation and pest control.
5. Completed the training courses for 4 technicians of potato micro propagation techniques.
6. Completed three 1,080 M2 greenhouses, a 750 m2 greenhouse, eight 1,080 m2 tunnel net houses and a (10 m x 10 m) potato seed storage warehouse.
7. Completed a 600 M2 greenhouse for mass production.
8. One store warehouse (216 M2 not include ventilation) of G2, two units of store warehouse (814 M2, including ventilation equipment) of G3 has completed the design information into the tendering procedures.
9. Three units of 1080 M2, four units of 1,080 M2,
total 7,290M2 greenhouse of G2; three 1,260M2, a 1,386M2,a 1,512M2 and eleven 2,520M2, total 34,398 M2 of tunnel net houses are conducting tendering procedures.
10. Dispatched two experts from Taiwan for training courses of healthy seed potato Production and diseases detection on 18~28 June in Honduras.
11. Completed 1 rounds of potato pathological examination training in Honduras SENASA State Quarantine.
12. Completed Honduran National Potato Seminar on 1~2 Dec.
13. Dispatched three technicians to participate the training courses of potato virus diagnostic laboratory (DAS-ELISA, PCR and RT-PCR) and quality seed production (recognition of symptoms, management and control of pests and diseases) in CIP, Peru.
14. Propagated 2,931 bottles of two mass production varieties of Puren and Pukara , the number of seedling are 39,150 plants and have begun transplanted 16,050 plants to the G1 Greenhouse.
15. Continue to contact with CIP in introducing new variety of potato to Honduras.
1. Each month held a meeting work for review and supervision works, totally about 3 times for this year.
2. Counseling our technical for establish potato demonstration field within low altitude and variety identification, totally about 2 locations.
3. Completed 1 field demonstrations about low altitude production of potato seeds with visitors 30 persons.
4. Production of potato tissue culture 875 bottles and 10,200 plants transplanted.
5. Production of basic health potato seed 1.317 tones.
6. Introduction and establish 5 verity Puren, Pukara, Newen, Tollocan and ICTA fruit and introduce 35 lines breeding from CIP-Peru(International Potato Centro) for investigation.
7. Completed Honduran National Potato Seminar in the 17 and 18 of March.