||Agribusiness Project (Indonesia)
||The purpose of this project is to increase farmers’ income and facilitate economic development in rural communities by drawing on Taiwan’s own experience of agricultural development.
Overall, this project will:
- Establish fruit and vegetable production and marketing organizations to be jointly managed with Bogor Agriculture University (IPB); establish the organizations’ main functions and introduce its members to agribusiness concepts.
- Establish standard operating procedures and technical standards for the cultivation and management of guava and organic and non-organic vegetables in cooperation with IPB counterparts; produce technical operations manual for farm waste composting systems.
- Develop the sales and management capacity of IPB counterparts working on market access; build capacity in logistics management, accounting, cashier duties and other administrative systems in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Train IPB counterparts to plan training courses, field trips, product promotion activities and agricultural exhibitions; maintain production and marketing schedules while broadening the scope of IPB-TaiwanICDF branded produce.
|Implementation Start Date:
|Implementation End Date:
|Source of Funding:
||Ministry of Foreign Affairs
||The objectives of this project are:
- Establish one organic vegetable production and marketing organization and one fruit and vegetable production marketing organization.
- Establish three guava production marketing organization and three guava seedling breeding grounds.
- Establish standard operating procedures and technical standards for the cultivation and management of guava and organic and non-organic vegetables in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Produce one technical operations manual for farm waste composting systems in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Develop the sales and management capacity of IPB counterparts working on market access.
- Produce one business management manual on logistics management, accounting, cashier duties and other administrative systems in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Train IPB counterparts to plan for 90 events such as training courses, field trips and product promotion activities.
- Transfer the Bogor Agribusiness Development Center (ADC) to the IPB.
- Members of the Taiwan Technical Mission will provide consultancy services to, and supervise the operations of, the production and marketing organizations after the ADC is transferred to the IPB.
- Taiwan Technical Mission in the Republic of Indonesia
- Ministry of Agriculture (Republic of Indonesia)
- Bogor Agriculture University (Republic of Indonesia)
||Members of the Taiwan Technical Mission will provide technical assistance and assistance for capacity building.
To the end of June 2014, the following activities have been completed:
- Completed the project handover ceremony.
- Called regular meetings of agricultural production and marketing groups.
||Lin Yen-jen , Chiu Wen-chi, Huang Chih-hisen
||Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Utilize modern agricultural production techniques to improve the production standards of horticultural crops (such as organic vegetables, guava and some potential vegetables); promote rural economic development.
- Establish fruit and vegetable production and marketing organizations, and provide guidance to farmers affiliated to the organization; assist in sales planning and logistics to increase sales channels; implement joint production and marketing operations and establish agribusiness systems.
- Train IPB counterparts to promote joint agribusiness consultation, share agricultural technical experiences and conduct research into horticultural exchanges between Indonesia and Taiwan.
||Taiwan Technical Mission in the Republic of Indonesia
||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
||Projects under implementation