||Agribusiness Project (Indonesia)
This Agribusiness Project in Bogor, Indonesia, will provide assistance to an Agribusiness Development Center as a foundation for improving poor agricultural techniques and marketing capacity within the area. Farming systems in and around Bogor are relatively traditional and have focused only on production yields rather than quality, which has resulted in poor profits among farmers. As such, specialists will work with counterparts the center to perform demonstrations and coach farmers in developing crops of high economic value, including organic vegetables, non-organic vegetables and crystal guava. The project will also involve working with the center to develop grading, packing and storage facilities, as well as planning, logistics management and other management systems, in order to establish efficient production and marketing systems and thereby improve farmers’ incomes.
Overall, the project will:
- Organize agricultural production and marketing teams and train them to operate independently.
- Extend cultivation of fruits and vegetables and establish standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Promote compost production.
- Provide training courses and demonstrations and engage in product promotion activities.
- Promote sales and marketing planning and brand-building activities.
|Implementation Start Date:
|Implementation End Date:
|Source of Funding:
||Ministry of Foreign Affairs
||The objectives of this project are:
- Establish one organic vegetable production and marketing organization and one fruit and vegetable production marketing organization.
- Establish three guava production marketing organization and three guava seedling breeding grounds.
- Establish standard operating procedures and technical standards for the cultivation and management of guava and organic and non-organic vegetables in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Produce one technical operations manual for farm waste composting systems in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Develop the sales and management capacity of IPB counterparts working on market access.
- Produce one business management manual on logistics management, accounting, cashier duties and other administrative systems in cooperation with IPB counterparts.
- Train IPB counterparts to plan for 90 events such as training courses, field trips and product promotion activities.
- Transfer the Bogor Agribusiness Development Center (ADC) to the IPB.
- Members of the Taiwan Technical Mission will provide consultancy services to, and supervise the operations of, the production and marketing organizations after the ADC is transferred to the IPB.
- Taiwan Technical Mission in the Republic of Indonesia
- Bogor Agriculture University (Republic of Indonesia)
||The local Taiwan Technical Mission will assist the partner country to implement the project.
To the end of December 2014, the following activities have been completed:
- Propagated 15,002 guava seedlings, 2,210,560 organic vegetable seedlings and 202,000 non-organic vegetable seedlings.
- Extended crystal guava production over 10.08 hectares, organic vegetable production over 22.7 hectares and non-organic vegetable production over 20.2 hectares.
- Provided consultancy to 51 guava farmers, 50 organic vegetable farmers and 102 non-organic vegetable farmers.
- Developed 10 marketing channels in greater Jakarta.
- Produced five fruit and vegetable SOP bulletin boards and one SOP handbook.
- Propagated 5,977 guava seedlings, 2,724,412 organic vegetable seedlings and 76,534 non-organic vegetable seedlings.
- Extended crystal guava production over 6.16 hectares, organic vegetable production over 3.01 hectares and non-organic vegetable production over 21.95 hectares.
- Provided consultancy to 413 guava, organic vegetable and non-organic vegetable farmers.
- Developed 10 marketing channels in greater Jakarta.
- Established SOP for guava, organic vegetable and non-organic vegetable cultivation.
- Propagated 20,163 guava seedlings, 3,019,767 organic vegetable seedlings and 122,714 non-organic vegetable seedlings.
- Extended crystal guava production over 5.18 hectares, organic vegetable over 2.5 hectares and non-organic vegetable production over 29.23 hectares.
- Produced one SOP handbook on the reproduction of guava seedlings and guava culture techniques, one SOP handbook on organic vegetable culture and pest management techniques, and one SOP handbook on non-organic vegetable culture and pest management techniques.
Assisted production and marketing teams to hold regular meetings.
||Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Utilize modern agricultural production techniques to improve the production standards of horticultural crops (such as organic vegetables, guava and some potential vegetables); promote rural economic development.
- Establish fruit and vegetable production and marketing organizations, and provide guidance to farmers affiliated to the organization; assist in sales planning and logistics to increase sales channels; implement joint production and marketing operations and establish agribusiness systems.
- Train IPB counterparts to promote joint agribusiness consultation, share agricultural technical experiences and conduct research into horticultural exchanges between Indonesia and Taiwan.
||Taiwan Technical Mission in the Republic of Indonesia
||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Date Updated:2015/1/26